Virtual Internship Overview
Dates: June 1 – August 14, 2020
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 15-20 Hours/Week (Daily Schedule TBD)
Internship Title: Communication & Design Intern
Intern reports to: Director + Comm. Outreach Specialist
Hosted by a public school district, this organization is looking for an intern that is passionate about the world of education and the digital presence of some of a school district’s offices.
This position will assist with communication and design. Are you interested in designing newsletters, flyers, and posters? Do you have a knack for creating an engaging presence on social media?
Can you revamp a website to be informative and user-friendly? If so, please apply!
- Assistance with communication and design
- Create and edit district newsletters, flyers, and posters
- Update district’s presence on website and social media
- Excellent design skills
- Proficient in software such as In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Excellent written communication skills
- Enrollment in a college degree program, majoring in a relevant field
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (preferred)
- Access to computer and regular phone/internet
- English proficiency
- Ability to work well independently
- Application Review
- $100 Refundable Deposit*
- Selection/ Placement
- Final payment $400
- Cohort “Pre-Departure”
- Orientation meeting
- Ongoing Project work
- Weekly Check-ins with Site Supervisor
- Cohort Seminars
- Post-Program Debrief
*Deposit is only refundable if we cannot place you. Internship opportunities are limited and application does not guarantee placement.