Why Book Flights with AEA?
One of the big secrets to flying as a group is that the first company to quote your group ticket will almost always get the best deal. Airlines do not like being asked to quote the same group more than once. If you book with AEA first, you will almost certainly get the best price, because we pass the savings on to you, whereas many companies add fat commissions.
Here are a few more reasons:
- AEA books group flights directly with the airline.
- AEA will hold your seats for free for the first 30 days.
- When free seats are offered, AEA passes those on to you automatically.
- AEA recognizes the elephant in the room is the carbon footprint caused by flights, and we are working on plans to help you reduce that, starting with contributing 5% of our profits to organizations that support immediate climate change action such as methane capture; clean water; women’s health; and nutrition for the world’s most at-risk populations.
- AEA can help you with your other program needs, or we can just book your group flights.
What kind of tickets can I book with AEA?
We can book any type of group, as long as there are at least 10 people. Study abroad group? Semester abroad? Faculty-led program? Band group? Sports group? Alumni group? College group? University group? Business group? School group? Family group? Any group is fine as long as there are at least 10 people and the number does not drop below that.
Why should I book a group ticket versus individual tickets?
You can only search up to 9 tickets at a time on flight booking websites such as Google flights. There is a reason for that. Group flights are for groups of 10 people or more. When you add a 10th person, you qualify for several benefits (depending on the airline) that often include:
- Refundable reservation deposits until 91 days before departure
- Reduce the number of seats until 91 days before departure at no cost
- 20% seat reduction without a fee after that
- 10% deviations (returning to another city or different date)
- Give the names of the passengers 35 days before departure
- 1 free seat (not inc. taxes) for every 20 seats booked
- Oh, and there’s more
What can I do to reduce my flight's carbon footprint and make the world a better place?
- Take a reusable water bottle with you, and use it.
- Find an organization where you can bring needed supplies. If you don’t know any, ask us!
- Volunteer at one of these organizations or another one.
- Stay with a family in a country or community that uses less energy than you do in your city.
- Travel closer to home, maybe you don’t even need to fly. But if you do, we hope you will consider working with a socially conscious company such as ours.
- We highly encourage you to read Peter Singer’s book, The Life You Can Save, which can be downloaded for free, and think more about what you can do to make the world a better place.
Group Booking Inquiry Form