Virtual Internship Overview
Dates: June 1 – August 14, 2020
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 15-20 Hours/Week (Daily Schedule TBD)
Internship Title: IT & Graphic Design Intern
Intern reports to: Director
This internship is hosted by an international organization that provides education and shelter for poor children in Cambodia. The main school was originally built on the site of a garbage dump, where many poor families made a living.
As the children couldn’t leave their ‘workplace’ to go to school, school came to them. The school now educates children all the way through to high school and aims to break the cycle of poverty through education.
This position will assist the school headmaster in web design + coding as the organization upgrades their website and expands online learning platforms.
- Develop graphic + web design content
- Design + coding work for online educational games
- Assist in website upgrading + database coding
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Proficiency with various web platforms
- Background knowledge in coding, IT, graphic design
- Experience and interest in curriculum development a plus
- Enrollment in a college degree program, majoring in a relevant field
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA (preferred)
- Access to computer and regular phone/internet
- English proficiency
- Ability to work well independently
- Application Review
- $100 Refundable Deposit*
- Selection/ Placement
- Final payment $400
- Cohort “Pre-Departure”
- Orientation meeting
- Ongoing Project work
- Weekly Check-ins with Site Supervisor
- Cohort Seminars
- Post-Program Debrief
*Deposit is only refundable if we cannot place you. Internship opportunities are limited and application does not guarantee placement.